Head of Product
Why should I consider working here?
iLendx is a team of creatives, computer nerds and overly caffeinated entrepreneurs. Some of us are a combination of the three, but we all have one thing in common: We love what we do and are obsessed—in a healthy way—with innovation, design and technology. In a world where the startup culture is often dog-eat-dog, we’re different. As cheesy as it sounds, we truly believe we are better together.
We've created a technology that is changing the way lending is done. With our platform, what is typically a tedious, paperwork-heavy task can now be done in a few minutes from any digital device. Banks all over the country are using our technology, and we are actively working to expand into every corner of the digital finance world: credit card applications, opening bank accounts, applying for home equity lines of credit. If it has to do with money, we believe you should be able to do it online, easily and quickly.
Where do I come in?
As our head of product, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of iLendx's product offerings from product concept to roadmap to launch and then support of existing products. Here are a few specific examples, though this is in no way a complete or exhaustive list.
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of product managers, developers and related personnel.
- Product planning and assignment of tasks and deliverables.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the products across all product lines.
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders.
- Align product vision with the businesses short and long-term goals.
- Develop budgets, forecasts and metrics.
- Monitor product development sprints and evaluate results.
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with C-level staff, board members and other stakeholders.
- Lead Product Marketing Managers to assess product mix and marketing strategy.
- Monitor and manage strategic marketing plans for each product line.
- Define pricing and competitive positioning for each product.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Build incredible teams and processes to deliver products that satisfy the needs of customers.
- Become the key evangelist of iLendx's products and participate in press activities, conferences, discussions with thought leaders and market analysts.
This job is based in our home office in San Antonio.
What do you want from me?
We know you're a complex human being who can't be summed up by a bullet-point list, but it'd be great if you had these things going for you:
- Extensive experience in banking and financial institutions banking and compliance needs.
- Proven strength and leadership in team development.
- Ability to communicate the vision for the product(s) and work closely with the CEO to create a roadmap that delights customers.
- Proven ability to take the vision from concept to production in tight timelines.
- Understands the importance of building a strong product culture of rapid testing and learning, continuous innovation and fosters collaboration.
Bonus points if you have experience with...
- Agile software development
- Experience with OCC and CFPB regulations and compliance
- Tech "Start-Up" culture
Tell me again what exactly you do?
Our founders both come from the banking world. They weren't happy with the existing digital solutions for applying for a home or auto loan online. So they developed a technology for banks and financial institutions that made the process faster and more intuitive for users. Since iLendx was founded in 2015, we've gotten to work with some of the biggest and best in the business, like AAA, USAA and TIAA.
We're based in San Antonio but our team members span the map from Houston to Austin and beyond. Our work environment has the collaborative, fast-paced energy of a startup (because we are one) with a good dose of focused, get-down-to-business energy because we're not all 25-year olds. At least, not on the outside. On the inside, we are all 25.
Our team is growing fast. Even if this job doesn't work out, keep checking back as we add positions.
Let's get down to it. What are the perks?
Because we want you to be just as successful in life as you are working with us, we offer:
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- health, dental and vision benefits
- matching 401k
- gym and cell phone reimbursement
Who will I be working with?
Andy Ivankovich: Our CEO who loves vintage Jeeps, steak dinners and MacAllan 12 on a single ball of ice, please.
Mark Scott: Our CTO who loves IPAs, video games and the Patriots.
Luther Branham: Our President who loves anything outdoors, innovation, and working with teams..."how do I get this done?"
This sounds interesting. I might apply...
Great! To apply, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- "Head of Product" in the subject line
- cover letter (PDF) that tells a bit about who you are and why you would be a great fit
- resume (PDF)
What if I'm not sure I want to apply?
That's ok. The application deadline is November 15th, 2018. So you have plenty of time to decide. Unless you are reading this the day before the deadline. Then you don’t have as much time and should probably just go ahead and send us your info so that we can 1. keep it on the file for the future and 2. be friends.