Why should I consider working here?
iLendx is a team of creatives, computer nerds and overly caffeinated entrepreneurs. Some of us are a combination of the three, but we all have one thing in common: We love what we do and are obsessed-in a healthy way-with innovation, design and technology. In a world where the startup culture is often dog-eat-dog, we’re different. As cheesy as it sounds, we truly believe we are better together.
We've created a technology that is changing the way lending is done. With our platform, what is typically a tedious, paperwork-heavy task can now be done in a few minutes from any digital device. Banks all over the country are using our technology, and we are actively working to expand into every corner of the digital finance world: credit card applications, opening bank accounts, applying for home equity lines of credit. If it has to do with money, we believe you should be able to do it online, easily and quickly.
Where do I come in?
We're looking for a product designer who can get into the brain of our target customer and create a user experience that's as intuitive as it is delightful-adjectives rarely used in the lending industry today.
As our product designer, you will...
- develop storyboards, user personas, wireframes and designs.
- collaborate with engineers, product owners and users to deliver amazing experiences.
- evaluate the user experience objectively and constantly look for new opportunities to improve things.
- be yourself each day, no matter how goofy, nerdy or hipster that may be.
- handle the entire design process from ideation to asset delivery.
- create brilliant designs that make other designers jealous.
This job is opportunity is for our Austin, TX or San Antonio, TX office locations.
What do you want from me?
We know you're a complex human being who can't be summed up by a bullet-point list, but it'd be great if you had these things going for you:
- 3+ years experience producing innovative and beautiful designs
- experience designing complex web applications
- strong knowledge of UX design, information architecture, interaction design, and website development methodology
- UX design experience in technical software products
- proficient in key design software tools like Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InVision and Abstract
- experience with sketching, concept creation, wireframes, user flows, clickable prototypes
Bonus points if you have experience with...
- Github, Bitbucket, JIRA and Confluence
- mobile app design utilizing platform design guidelines
- working in a fast-paced, startup environment
Tell me again what exactly you do?
Our founders both come from the banking world. They weren't happy with the existing digital solutions for applying for a home or auto loan online. So they developed a technology for banks and financial institutions that made the process faster and more intuitive for users. Since iLendx was founded in 2015, we’ve gotten to work with some of the biggest and best in the business, like AAA, USAA and TIAA.
We're based in San Antonio but our team members span the map from Houston to Austin and beyond. Our work environment has the collaborative, fast-paced energy of a startup (because we are one) with a good dose of focused, get-down-to-business energy because we’re not all 25-year olds. At least, not on the outside. On the inside, we are all 25.
Our team is growing fast. Even if this job doesn't work out, keep checking back as we add positions.
Let's get down to it. What are the perks?
Because we want you to be just as successful in life as you are working with us, we offer:
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- health, dental and vision benefits
- matching 401k
- gym and cell phone reimbursement
This sounds interesting. I might apply...
Great! To apply, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- "Product Designer" in the subject line
- cover letter (PDF) that tells a bit about who you are and why you would be a great fit
- resume (PDF)
Make sure your portfolio includes:
- examples of responsive web design
- examples of product design for web and mobile
- an example of your design process and your thinking behind each stage
Please include real-life projects and refrain from including personal projects. Personal projects are great, but we really want to see real-world work that solved a specific problem. Please state your specific role on each design piece and mention any outside design or artwork that was not done by you.
If you have a personal portfolio website, send us the link. If not, please share what you can via Dropbox, PDF or another portfolio website.
What if I'm not sure I want to apply?
That's ok. The application deadline is December 30th. So you have plenty of time to decide. Unless you are reading this the day before the deadline. Then you don’t have as much time and should probably just go ahead and send us your info so that we can 1. keep it on the file for the future and 2. be friends.