Senior Product Owner
Why should I consider working here?
iLendx is a team of creatives, computer nerds and overly caffeinated entrepreneurs. Some of us are a combination of the three, but we all have one thing in common: We love what we do and are obsessed-in a healthy way-with innovation, design and technology. In a world where the startup culture is often dog-eat-dog, we’re different. As cheesy as it sounds, we truly believe we are better together.
We've created a technology that is changing the way lending is done. With our platform, what is typically a tedious, paperwork-heavy task can now be done in a few minutes from any digital device. Banks all over the country are using our technology, and we are actively working to expand into every corner of the digital finance world: credit card applications, opening bank accounts, applying for home equity lines of credit. If it has to do with money, we believe you should be able to do it online, easily and quickly.
Where do I come in?
We're looking for a user experience developer and designer who can get into the brain of our target customer and create a user experience that's as intuitive as it is delightful-adjectives rarely used in the lending industry today.
As our Senior Product Owner, you will...
- Understand, build, and communicate requirements for bank implementations.
- Develop implementation processes and implement it with new customers.
- Build relationships with customer banking teams.
- Create functional details of requirements communicated to technical teams, project coordinators and customer teams.
- Drive the product roadmap internally with input from external relationships.
- Be fully responsible for product and implementation(s) of the product.
This job is based in our home office in San Antonio.
What do you want from me?
We know you're a complex human being who can't be summed up by a bullet-point list, but it'd be great if you had these things going for you:
- High level of technical expertise (past implementations, past banking experience 10+ years)
- Boots on the ground, sleeves up experience in software development
- Works closely with senior executives and business line leads at bank customers
- Strong background in BSA, AML and strong banking regulation and compliance
- Deep knowledge of core banking solutions
Bonus points if you have experience with...
- Strong leader, great communicator with emphasis on team building and mentoring focus.
- True subject matter expert for the team.
- Work cooperatively with other business lines within the organization
- Natural curiosity
- Strategic thinking with practical application
Tell me again what exactly you do?
Our founders both come from the banking world. They weren't happy with the existing digital solutions for applying for a home or auto loan online. So they developed a technology for banks and financial institutions that made the process faster and more intuitive for users. Since iLendx was founded in 2015, we’ve gotten to work with some of the biggest and best in the business, like AAA, USAA and TIAA.
We're based in San Antonio but our team members span the map from Houston to Austin and beyond. Our work environment has the collaborative, fast-paced energy of a startup (because we are one) with a good dose of focused, get-down-to-business energy because we’re not all 25-year olds. At least, not on the outside. On the inside, we are all 25.
Our team is growing fast. Even if this job doesn't work out, keep checking back as we add positions.
Let's get down to it. What are the perks?
Because we want you to be just as successful in life as you are working with us, we offer:
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- health, dental and vision benefits
- matching 401k
- gym and cell phone reimbursement
Who will I be working with?
Mark Scott: Mark is usually busy building great teams but when he's not you will find him drinking IPAs while rooting for any of the Boston sports teams.
Rob Kraft: Rob is our CISO and Chief Architect and spends most of his time leading our team in building secure platforms. Recently, he's spent his time fighting California wildfires right outside his home.
Ed Olszanowski: Ed manages our Project Management team and keeps the engines running on time. In his free time he can be found hosting parties at home as a Chinese food chef.
This sounds interesting. I might apply...
Great! To apply, send us an email at email@example.com and include the following:
- "Senior Product Owner" in the subject line
- cover letter (PDF) that tells a bit about who you are and why you would be a great fit
- resume (PDF)
What if I'm not sure I want to apply?
That's ok. The application deadline is December 15th, 2018. So you have plenty of time to decide. Unless you are reading this the day before the deadline. Then you don’t have as much time and should probably just go ahead and send us your info so that we can 1. keep it on the file for the future and 2. be friends.