Why should I consider working here?
iLendx is a team of creatives, computer nerds and overly caffeinated entrepreneurs. Some of us are a combination of the three, but we all have one thing in common: We love what we do and are obsessed—in a healthy way—with innovation, design and technology. In a world where the startup culture is often dog-eat-dog, we’re different. As cheesy as it sounds, we truly believe we are better together.
We've created a technology that is changing the way lending is done. With our platform, what is typically a tedious, paperwork-heavy task can now be done in a few minutes from any digital device. Banks all over the country are using our technology, and we are actively working to expand into every corner of the digital finance world: credit card applications, opening bank accounts, applying for home equity lines of credit. If it has to do with money, we believe you should be able to do it online, easily and quickly.
Where do I come in?
We're looking for a QA Engineer to help guide our development teams, leading them in building out the core of our products. Your tools? APIs, microservices, front end applications, third-party services integrations and cloud infrastructure.
As our QA Engineer, you will...
- As part of a DevOps team, review and contribute to User Stories to identify acceptance criteria and create test scripts (manual and automated) to validate that criteria
- Serve as a the "voice of the customer" in evaluating the quality of our software, which entails offering input into the product design and process to improve our overall delivery
- Collaborate with product owners, and software engineers to understand requirements and business use cases
- Implement, execute, and debug both manual test cases and automated test scripts using a variety of testing techniques and tools
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Triage and research system issues and present back to project teams as needed
- Setup and tear down environments for internal and external testing as needed including the creation of common use cases for internal testing and customer integration
- Help create best practices, create models/sample and build out the Quality Engineering role at iLendx
This position will be in Austin or San Antonio, TX.
What do you want from me?
We know you're a complex human being who can't be summed up by a bullet-point list, but it'd be great if you had these things going for you:
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 2-10+ years of QA and/or development experience using industry-standard processes including some customer facing projects
- Hands on experience with QA methodologies
- Experience testing both front-end and back-end systems
- Experience writing automated test scripts (Cucumber, Serenity and Selenium experience preferred)
- Experience working within a team environment preferably on an Agile team
- Passion for problem solving with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to set up test environments and test beds
- Experience with performance, load and/or security testing a big plus
- Experience in testing on both mobile and desktop preferred
Bonus points if you have experience with...
- Advanced understanding of the Java programming language and common APIs
- Knowledge of the entire Spring platform including Boot and Cloud
- Experience with microservice based architectures
- Experience with applications deployed on Kubernetes
- Advanced knowledge of the AWS platform
- Experience with cloud infrastructure support in mixed Linux and Windows environments
Tell me again what exactly you do?
Our founders both come from the banking world. They weren't happy with the existing digital solutions for applying for a home or auto loan online. So they developed a technology for banks and financial institutions that made the process faster and more intuitive for users. Since iLendx was founded in 2015, we've gotten to work with some of the biggest and best in the business, like AAA, USAA and TIAA.
We're based in San Antonio but our team members span the map from Houston to Austin and beyond. Our work environment has the collaborative, fast-paced energy of a startup (because we are one) with a good dose of focused, get-down-to-business energy because we're not all 25-year olds. At least, not on the outside. On the inside, we are all 25.
Our team is growing fast. Even if this job doesn't work out, keep checking back as we add positions.
Let's get down to it. What are the perks?
Because we want you to be just as successful in life as you are working with us, we offer:
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- health, dental and vision benefits
- matching 401k
- gym and cell phone reimbursement
This sounds interesting. I might apply...
Great! To apply, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- "QA Engineer" in the subject line
- cover letter (PDF) that tells a bit about who you are and why you would be a great fit
- resume (PDF)
- If you would like to include samples of your work or links to any live work, we would love to see it. Please note your specific role on each piece of work.
What if I'm not sure I want to apply?
That's ok. The application deadline is December 30th. So you have plenty of time to decide. Unless you are reading this the day before the deadline. Then you don’t have as much time and should probably just go ahead and send us your info so that we can 1. keep it on the file for the future and 2. be friends.