Senior Software Developer
Why should I consider working here?
iLendx is a team of creatives, computer nerds and overly caffeinated entrepreneurs. Some of us are a combination of the three, but we all have one thing in common: We love what we do and are obsessed—in a healthy way—with innovation, design and technology. In a world where the startup culture is often dog-eat-dog, we’re different. As cheesy as it sounds, we truly believe we are better together.
We've created a technology that is changing the way lending is done. With our platform, what is typically a tedious, paperwork-heavy task can now be done in a few minutes from any digital device. Banks all over the country are using our technology, and we are actively working to expand into every corner of the digital finance world: credit card applications, opening bank accounts, applying for home equity lines of credit. If it has to do with money, we believe you should be able to do it online, easily and quickly.
Where do I come in?
We're looking for a senior software developer to help guide our development teams, leading them in building out the core of our products. Your tools? APIs, microservices, front end applications, third-party services integrations and cloud infrastructure.
As our senior software developer, you will...
- collaborate on the execution of the product, design and architectural roadmaps.
- work with the product owner to provide technical insight and guidance into the product roadmap.
- assist in establishing coding, software design approaches and standards and ensure the product teams are adhering to best practices.
- review process, components and dependencies with the architecture team to ensure alignment with technical strategy.
- focus on eliminating any pressing technical impediments to the teams.
- stay up to date with technology advancement and ensure our product technology stack is optimized for strategic growth.
- provide inspiration and guidance to the growing team; foster a culture of transparency, collaboration and innovation.
This position will be remote with travel to San Antonio as needed. Applicants in Austin, San Antonio or Houston can join their co-workers in those regional offices as well.
What do you want from me?
We know you're a complex human being who can't be summed up by a bullet-point list, but it'd be great if you had these things going for you:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience building enterprise applications
- 4+ years of relational database design & modeling
- 4+ years of applying Spring components: Core, Boot, Data, MVC, Cloud, etc.
- 2+ years administering & consuming AWS services
- previous experience working with multiple engineering teams
- experience architecting and maintaining large-scale web applications
- clear understanding of software design patterns and principles
- strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field
Bonus points if you have experience with...
- advanced understanding of the Java programming language and common APIs
- knowledge of the entire Spring platform including Boot and Cloud
- experience with microservice based architectures
- experience with applications deployed on Kubernetes
- advanced knowledge of the AWS platform
- experience with cloud infrastructure support in mixed Linux and Windows environments
Tell me again what exactly you do?
Our founders both come from the banking world. They weren't happy with the existing digital solutions for applying for a home or auto loan online. So they developed a technology for banks and financial institutions that made the process faster and more intuitive for users. Since iLendx was founded in 2015, we've gotten to work with some of the biggest and best in the business, like AAA, USAA and TIAA.
We're based in San Antonio but our team members span the map from Houston to Austin and beyond. Our work environment has the collaborative, fast-paced energy of a startup (because we are one) with a good dose of focused, get-down-to-business energy because we're not all 25-year olds. At least, not on the outside. On the inside, we are all 25.
Our team is growing fast. Even if this job doesn't work out, keep checking back as we add positions.
Let's get down to it. What are the perks?
Because we want you to be just as successful in life as you are working with us, we offer:
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- health, dental and vision benefits
- matching 401k
This sounds interesting. I might apply...
Great! To apply, send us an email at email@example.com and include the following:
- "Senior Software Developer" in the subject line
- cover letter (PDF) that tells a bit about who you are and why you would be a great fit
- resume (PDF)
- If you would like to include samples of your work or links to any live work, we would love to see it. Please note your specific role on each piece of work.
What if I'm not sure I want to apply?
That's ok. The application deadline is December 30th. So you have plenty of time to decide. Unless you are reading this the day before the deadline. Then you don’t have as much time and should probably just go ahead and send us your info so that we can 1. keep it on the file for the future and 2. be friends.